THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF COWLHA
- To encourage and support women to form self help support groups and networks.
- To ensure that women living with HIV and AIDS have accessible and affordable health care including ART.
- To ensure the sexual reproductive health rights of women are respected and protected.
- To reduce the vulnerability of women and girls living with HIV and AIDS by empowering them with knowledge and skills to demand their rights and participate in decision making processes.
- To promote income generating activities though livelihood programmes.
- To prevent or reduce the incidences of HIV infection and re-infection.
- To promote the food security of infected and affected women to improve their nutrition and reduce the occurrence of opportunistic infections.
- To build awareness among women on property rights and laws of Malawi.
- To lobby and advocate for the rights of women and girls living with HIV and AIDS with all stakeholders.
- To provide counseling services to women living with HIV and AIDS.
- To conduct research on issues affecting women living with HIV and AIDS to inform responsive intervention programmes.
- To network with other organizations and partners.